Benson Plan – Urgent Deadlines
The planning application for an additional 241 houses at Littleworth Road will shortly be decided by South Oxfordshire District Council (SODC). If you believe that this further development is too big for a single site or is in the wrong place or will harm the village in other ways, there are two important actions that your Neighbourhood Plan Team would ask you to take:
- Write to SODC before Friday 3 June 2016
Please write to SODC objecting to the second application that West Waddy has submitted for the 251 houses (P16/S1139/O). This is simply a duplicate of their first application. It is really important that residents object to this application, even if they have already done so first time round, so that SODC remains fully aware of the strength of feeling in the village against this application.
If it’s easier, you can simply repeat what you said in response to West Waddy’s first application for the additional 241 houses. Alternatively you may wish to consider the following key points and write a new objection:
- The development does not fully comply with SODC’s Core Strategy policies CSR1, CSS1, CSQ3 and CSQ4.
- Substantial additional traffic and transport issues will be caused by the road layout and access points in West Waddy’s plan.
- The 241 extra houses will have a serious impact on key ‘infrastructure’ services in the village, in particular on the school and the surgery, and will worsen significantly the sewage escape problems already being experienced in some parts of the village.
- The number of houses combined with the proposed road layout changes to Littleworth Road will substantially increase the risk of flooding in an area which has recent and persistent history of flooding.
The closing date for comments to be with SODC is Friday 3rd June 2016.
- Attend SODC’s Planning Committee on Wednesday 8 June 2016 at 6pm
The SODC Planning Committee will be asked to approve the West Waddy application at a meeting on Wednesday 8th June at 6 pm. The meeting will be held at Didcot Civic Hall, Britwell Road, Didcot, OX11 7JN. Please come along to this meeting and show your support for the opposition to this application. You will not be required to speak at the meeting but it is essential that we show by our attendance what the village thinks! The more people that turn up the better.