Benson Neighbourhood Plan – The Plan
Here is a message from SODC:
Benson Parish Council has developed and submitted its Neighbourhood Plan to South Oxfordshire District Council.
We are now inviting comments on the plan and supporting documents during a publicity period running from Wednesday 13 December 2017 until Midnight on Sunday 28 January 2018.
You can view the Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents on our website, www.southoxon.gov.uk/benson.
Hard copies of the documents are available to view at Benson Library (Castle Square, Benson), Benson Parish Council’s office (Sunnyside, Benson) and South Oxfordshire District Council’s office (135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon) during usual opening hours.
How to comment on the draft Neighbourhood Plan:
We encourage those responding to the consultation to use our online survey: here
If you do not wish to use our online survey, responses can also be made by:
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
post to Planning Policy, South Oxfordshire District Council, 135 Eastern Avenue Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SB
Please be aware that all the comments that we receive will be publicly available and your name may be displayed.
When commenting, you should bear in mind that the examiner will mainly assess the plan against the ‘basic conditions’. These are set out in one of the draft Neighbourhood Plan’s supporting documents – titled ‘Basic Conditions Statement’ – available on our website.
After the consultation closes, the draft Neighbourhood Plan, supporting documents and the comments received will be sent for independent examination.
The majority of examinations are expected to be through written representations, however the independent examiner will decide whether there is a need for a public examination.
The online survey asks for your views on whether there should be a public examination on the Benson Neighbourhood Plan. If you are emailing or writing to us, you can state whether you think there should be a public examination, as well as the specific reasons for the request. You can also request to be notified of South Oxfordshire District Council’s final decision to make (formally adopt) the Benson Neighbourhood Plan.
Thank you in advance for participating. If you have any queries, please contact South Oxfordshire District Council’s Planning Policy team on 01235 422600 or email email@example.com.
Community Engagement Officer, South Oxfordshire District Council
We have also put copies of the plan here!
The Plan is quite large and sometimes necessarily technical, but don’t be put off from reading it!
- Benson Plan Submission
- Appendix A – Site Assessment
- Appendix B – Design Statement
- Appendix C – Heritage Report
- Appendix D – Community Questionnaire Report
- Appendix E – Character Assessment
- Appendix F– Transport Assessment
- Appendix G – Parking Plan
- Appendix H – Map of Sustainable Transport
- Appendix I – Community Facilities
- Appendix J – Parish Allotment Usage
- Appendix K – Green Infrastructure and Biodiversity
- Appendix L – Summary Audit of Benson’s Green Infrastructure Assets
- Benson Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement
- Benson Neighbourhood Plan SA
- 2017_12_12 Benson Neighbourhood Plan HRA Screening
- Benson Neighbourhood Plan – Basic Conditions Statement text