Benson Neighbourhood Plan – Pre-Submission Plan
The Benson Plan Team is pleased to announce the release of the First Draft of the Benson Neighbourhood Plan. This “Pre-Submission” draft is being issued to SODC and all the organisations with an interest in our Plan, to other Parish Councils and Neighbourhood Plan Teams and, very importantly, to you, our community.
Within the planning process, this draft plan is intended to be a consultation document and to elicit feedback and suggestions for improvements. The consultation on the plan lasts precisely 6 weeks and will close at noon on Friday 14th April 2017. When it’s finished, we will review comments, make any necessary amendments and then reissue the plan to SODC in its final form. Beyond this, SODC will appoint an Inspector to review the Plan and, once his/her comments have been incorporated, they will initiate a referendum to measure support for the Plan across the parish.
The Plan is quite large and sometimes necessarily technical, but don’t be put off from reading it! If you like what you read, please tell us … if you don’t, please tell us as well – all suggestions are welcome!
Click the links below to access and respond to the Pre-Submission Plan documents. The main Plan includes all appendices so that readers can cross reference easily. The appendices can also be accessed individually by those wanting to read a particular topic in detail. The final link accesses the Draft Sustainability Appraisal Report (incorporating a Strategic Environmental Assessment). This is an externally written report covering social, environmental and economic impacts of the policies and proposals in our Plan. It is a technical document required by SODC and the other stakeholder organisations.
- Benson Pre-Submission Plan (please note this file is 18MB and may take a little while to download)
- Appendix A – Benson Conservation Areas
- Appendix B – Design Statement
- Appendix C – Community Questionnaire Report
- Appendix D – Transport Spatial Assessment
- Appendix E – Traffic Pinch Points
- Appendix F – Traffic Flow Summary
- Appendix G – Parking Plan
- Appendix H – Map of Sustainable Transport
- Appendix K – Local Green Space Assessment
- Appendix L – Summary Audit of Benson’s Green Infrastructure Assets
- Appendix M – Strategy for People & Nature
- Appendix N – Butterfly Survey Results
- Benson Plan Draft Sustainability Appraisal Report (incorporating a Strategic Environmental Assessment)
Hard copies of the Plan will also be available to read at the Parish Hall, Benson Library, Millstream Day Centre and (to be confirmed) Millstream Surgery.
If you have any comments to make on this Plan, please do so by 12:00 (midday) on Friday 14th April 2017 at the latest in the following ways:
- To the Finance Officer’s email address at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or, write directly to the Parish Office at:
Benson Parish Hall
OX10 6LZ (Please mark your envelope “Pre-Submission Plan”)
URGENT NOTE – Due to changes made without notice to the Parish Council’s email service by their provider, Virgin.net, they have had to change the address for all email responses to the Benson Pre-Submission Plan. The new address to email with your comments is email@example.com as above. If you submitted your responses to the old email address after Monday 20th March 2017 your responses will not have been received, please re-submit them to the above address. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.